This policy is designed to clearly communicate our standards of behavior for our members. We are committed to having an inclusive community embracing different perspectives and viewpoints. And we are equally dedicated to providing a safe and productive experience for everyone who participates in our community and to treating everyone with respect. That means that misconduct, including but not limited to harassment in any form, will not be tolerated. Members violating these standards will loose their membership without a refund, and access to our community and our services. Our policy is as follows:
Misconduct includes, but is not limited to, the following behaviors at our events and online community.
- Sexual harassment – which includes unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature. Sexual harassment also can occur when a member is subjected to discriminatory intimidation, ridicule, or insult by another member that is sufficiently severe or pervasive that it creates an abusive environment, or an environment where the member feels uncomfortable.
- Harassing, physically threatening, or physically or verbally abusing any person because of, but not limited to, that person’s race, ethnicity, age, gender, religion, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, native language, political party affiliation, or viewpoint.
- Conducting oneself in a manner endangering the health or safety of another person.
- Exhibiting disorderly conduct, including but not limited to, abuse of controlled substances or overt drunkenness.
- Defacing property.
- Failing to respect the confidentiality of sensitive information obtained in the course of the member’s professional engagements.
- Making intentionally false communications, either written, spoken, or posted on any social media, that harms a member’s or the organization’s reputation.
- Stealing or using any property or content (including digital) belonging to another member or the association.
The safety, well-being and professional reputations of our members and participants is of the utmost importance. If someone engages in behavior that violates this Code of Conduct, you are urged to address the situation.
If you feel comfortable doing so, you are encouraged to first speak to the person directly, asking them to cease the misconduct. If you are not comfortable confronting the person directly or if the misconduct continues, you are urged to report the behavior to the Design Leadership Community Team or mail us directly.
Unlawful actions will be addressed to the local authorities.