The purpose of the community is to share experience & knowledge about leadership in the context of design. We share insights and experience for common situations as a design leader to help raise the awareness and competence within the discipline.
The community was started by Christopher McCann & Jens Wedin in 2018 and now have 900+ designers, leads / managers / executives who work in-house or at an agency, in wide area of industries. The community started in Sweden but now have members around the globe.
We are now an active working group working with this community.
Guidelines of etiquettes
- Conversations on this community should be treated as off the record and confidential. If you wish to quote or share something written here, please check with the author first.
- Please do not sell your product or services in the general channels or by DM. This community is for sharing experience and insights. If you want to share your products and services please do that in the #marketplace channel.
- Fill out your profile – It’s not hard – allows people to find you by search (and you them). A nice photo and what you do and work is good start. It’s great when we meet.
- If you respond to a specific question, tend towards starting a thread, especially in #_discussion. Many people only read this slack after work (or in different time zones) and without threads, it’s hard to catch up.
- Reward those who contribute useful things – an emoji goes a long way and it’s just a click. Then they’ll know to post more of what you appreciate.
- Practice the Platinum rule – treat others how they’d like to be treated – everyone’s been very cool so far and we’d all like to keep it that way. If you feel harassed or mistreated in any way, please contact us.
- Avoid using notification bombs like here & channel.
- If you think the community brings any value, please share it with others so we can attract like minded people.
- There is no ‘official’ language here. You can write in English or Swedish, the author of the thread decides what language they want to use and how they want to interact with others. .
The basic rule of thumb is that everyone interested in design leadership is welcome. This is a container for learning. You don’t need to have a leadership title (whatever that is) but instead are interested in learning from others within the area of leadership in the context of design.
The price for the membership 2021: Free for now but subject to change.